The 5s-method is a specialised approach which aims to create and standardise a highly ordered workspace in only 5 steps. At the core of this method is the elimination of time wasting and useless tasks, as well as a continually improving workflow.
With an ongoing application of the 5s-method throughout the workspace, spending large amounts of time on searching, waiting or deliveries can be reduced. This is of great importance as a clean and well-structured work environment is the foundation of quality workmanship. These are conditions that should be created and kept in all businesses.
- Sort out all unnecessary items. Empty out all cupboards, drawers and shelves.
- Floor space, cupboards, roller containers, desks - what is actually a necessity? Where is it needed? What for? Give each item an allocated space.
Keeping things clean
- Define cleaning standards and checklists. Workers are to clean their own workspace and tools, immediately noting breakages or defects - and organising their replacements. Check while cleaning!
- Standardise this new workspace condition. The workers are to define their own 5s standards in their work areas, as well as for floor spaces, traffic light systems, identification, labelling and marking systems. Standardisation minimises search times!
Self-discipline and continual improvement
- Work on self-discipline and ensure ongoing improvements of your given standards. Sponsorships. A system for dealing with defects. 5s audits and action plans can be useful here. Get yourself and your team further than ever before!
Advantages of the 5s Workspace organisation system
- When the 5s-method is diligently and continually applied to the working environment, a solid foundation is set upon which thorough workspace organisational systems can be built. These encourage an optimisation of workflows. By ensuring that their workspace is safe and efficient, the motivation of your employees, and thus the quality of their work, is increased.
When the 5s-method is diligently and continually applied to the working environment, a solid foundation is set upon which thorough workspace organisational systems can be built. These encourage an optimisation of workflows. By ensuring that their workspace is safe and efficient, the motivation of your employees, and thus the quality of their work, is increased.
The 5s method can be applied to any business, and by anyone. Yet naturally the system works best when the whole team is on board and the workplace facilities support this rigorous system of organisation.
With our fantastic range of accessories and storage equipment, we can fulfil all your specific needs. Not only can we offer products that make your working day easier and more efficient, but we also help you create an infrastructure which the 5s-method can be built upon. With the flexible and customisable adjustments of your workspace, we can help create a working environment which is precisely tailored to your unique requirements.
- Support columns (available in various heights)
- Perforated walls for support columns or wall mounting
- Accessories for perforated walls (small part containers and respective trays, shadow boards, filing cabinets, writing services, plan pockets, monitor holders, various tool holders, multi compartment rails, lighting and system boxes)
- Everything you need in terms of media technology, from TFT mounting brackets to keyboard shelves
- Storage trays with lighting and/or steel shackles